Application Update: 3th, September 2019
Another Udacity Scholarship Program is here, based on your interest in technology and in Udacity online learning programs, Udacity present to you a chance to win a scholarship in the African App Launchpad Program (AAL) powered by Udacity and ITIDA (an affiliate of the Egyptian Ministry of Communications and Information Technology).
The African App Launchpad (AAL) initiative is an Africa-wide platform aiming to build capacity of Youth from Egypt and other African States and foster establishment of sustainable startups in the area of the advanced ever-changing app and game technologies.
- AAL targets building capacity of ten thousand learners and establishing one hundred startups. AAL works by availing a high-quality, technology-learning online platform through crowd-sourcing top online content developed by prestigious universities and leading companies, and delivered through three leading MOOCs; Coursera, edX, and Udacity.
- Citizens of each officially participating African state can apply through the initiative website.
- Applicants are accepted as learners subject to fulfilling the following criteria: (Updated on 7th of Aug. 2019)
- A higher-education college graduate of year 2006 at most or will graduate within 2 years (by 2021). Can access all tracks.
- Non-ICT applicants and junior university students are eligible for some introductory tracks.
- If non-ICT applicants are interested in other ICT tracks, a good knowledge of essential ICT technologies is recommended through the following:
Min. 2-years work track in ICT.
Min. 6-month international training record in software technologies.
The scholarship program, sponsored by ITIDA, provides a path for learners to select from six different online learning tracks on Udacity’s platform, which are:
- AI Programming with Python Nanodegree
- Android Basics Nanodegree
- Programming for Data Science Nanodegree
- VR Foundations Nanodegree
- VR High-Immersion Nanodegree
- VR Mobile 360 Nanodegree
All the Udacity Nanodegree programs are supported by online mentors and reviewers and provide sought-for international professional certificates upon successful completion.
With more than 17 African countries participating in the program, the scholarship aims to build the IT professional capabilities of 10,000 talented youth across Africa and to foster employment and the establishment of sustainable African startups in the area of applications and game innovation.
This countries include: Egypt, Nigeria, Cameroon, Madagascar, Uganda, Namibia, Togo, Algeria, Ghana, Angola, Mauritania, Chad, South Africa, Niger, Malawi and Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda.
The program runs over 2 phases; first, the Online Learning phase in one of the mentioned tracks above, and secondly is an Entrepreneurship Bootcamp & Startup Development phase.
How to Register for Udacity Scholarship Program
Scholarship opportunities are limited!
- So, hurry up and register through the initiative website Register here
- Invite your friends to join and earn your opportunities together!
- in the registration form, please select the option “Udacity Referral Program” from the options of the question “How did you hear about us” — to claim your scholarship opportunity
- You can save the application and continue filling it only within 4 days of starting your application or it will exire and you’ll need to start a new one.
- You’ll need a high-speed internet connection and an average of 10 hours weekly throughout the track duration in order to be able to finish in time.
Now start signing up for the program.