Lately, Apple users have been anticipating for IOS 13 a lot and they have started receiving updates for IOS 13.1.
iOS 13 is the thirteenth major release of the iOS mobile operating system developed by Apple Inc.
The successor to iOS 12, it was announced at the company’s Worldwide Developers Conference on June 3, 2019, and was released on September 19, 2019.
Apple had initially planned to bring iOS 13.1 and iPadOS on September 30. The iOS 13.1 update will be available as a free download for the iPhone 6s.
The anticipated iPadOS update will bring several enhancements to Apple iPad models. These include Slide Over and Split View to take your multitasking experience to new levels.
There will also be a redesigned Home screen to offer much more on your iPad than what’s available on your iPhone.
How to download iOS 13.1 on iPad
The download methods of iOS 13.1 and iPadOS are identical. You can download the latest version on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad by going through the Settings menu.
We suggest you to back up your data before proceeding for the download. Your device should also have an adequate amount of battery charge to enable the update.
You can follow the steps below to download the iOS 13.1 or iPadOS update on your device.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update. This will begin the process of checking the new updates on your Apple device. Once iOS 13.1 or iPadOS is available for your device, you’ll see a screen that will ask to begin the download process.
- Now, tap Download and Install to begin the download process.
- This will begin the download process of iOS 13.1 or iPadOS. The speed of the download notably depends on how fast your Internet connection is. It is also important to point out that you need a Wi-Fi connection specifically if you’re about to download the update on an iPhone or iPod touch that doesn’t run iOS 13 or on an iPad.
- Once downloaded, tap Install to begin the installation of iOS 13.1 or iPadOS on your device.
- Tap Agree when you see Apple’s Terms and Conditions with respect to the new software package and its features.
Your device will now restart once to complete the software installation.
How to download and install iOS 13.1, iPad via iTunes
If you don’t want to download iOS 13.1 or iPadOS through your Apple device directly for some reason, you can use iTunes on your system. You need to have a PC or Mac with the latest iTunes version installed to download the latest software package. Now, just follow the steps available below to get the update ready on your device.
- Connect your compatible iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to your computer using a Lightning cable.
- Open iTunes and then your device’s icon will be visible near the top-left corner. Just click that icon and then Summary from the left pane.
- You’ll now see the Check for update button. Click on that button to find the latest update for your device.
- Now, hit the Download and update button and then follow the on-screen instructions to accomplish the download process.