Holla guys…. Today we’ll be talking on the topic “How to Fix Slow WiFi Internet Connection on Your Windows 10 Laptop“…
A lot of you must have been having this problem with your Windows 10 laptop. A lot of you have probably downgraded your windows laptop to a windows 8 or even a 7 because of this problem. I have faced this problem too and i almost downgraded my windows version after a lot of tries but i finally found a solution.
Note:- If you have let’s say a faulty hardware component or a faulty wireless network card or router the solution applied may not work for you.
Here are all the stuff i tried before i found a solution; Some of you must have tried some of the methods listed below;
- I updated and installed all the latest drivers for my network adapter
- I made sure that no other devices on my network were secretly consuming all my bandwidth
- I restarted my laptop and router multiple times
- I reconfigured my IP/TCP
- I disabled the Windows Auto-Tuning feature on my PC
- I disabled large send offload
After following all the steps above and more, all that still didn’t boost the internet connection at all. And that’s what probably brought you searching for the topic “How to Fix Slow WiFi Internet Connection on Your Windows 10 Laptop”.
Now, let’s get on with the solution with this annoying problem…
How to Fix Slow WiFi Internet Connection on Your Windows 10 Laptop (Method 1)
- Open the Control panel on your laptop (You can use the Windows + X short key)
- Open All Control Panel Items
- Click on Power Options or, search for Power options in the search box on the top right hand corner of the window
- Click on Edit plan settings or Change Plan settings
- Click on Change Advanced plan settings
- Click on the “+” icon beside the Wireless Adapter settings option
- Click on the “+” icon beside the Power saving mode option
Make sure the “On Battery” setting and the “Plugged In” setting are both on Maximum performance. If it’s not, then click on the option you meet there. There should be a drop down option box that should pop. Click on the “Maximum Performance” option.
- Click on Apply
- Now, Click on OK and exit the window.
That’s all for the Method 1. That was really easy right? I guess that solved the problem and answered your “How to Fix Slow WiFi Internet Connection on Your Windows 10 Laptop” question. If that didn’t work for you, then you can use the second method listed below…
How to Fix Slow WiFi Internet Connection on Your Windows 10 Laptop (Method 2)
In this method, we’ll teach you a method that requires you to disable your Peer-To-Peer upgrade to boost your windows 10 internet connection. This works like a charm.
- On your PC keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R at the same time
- Type control update in the box and press Enter
- Click on Advanced options
- Click on Delivery Optimization(or Choose how updates are delivered depending on the build of your Windows 10 laptop)
- Toggle off the Allow downloads from other PCs or Update from more than one place option
- Check if your annoying Windows 10 slow Internet issue has been fixed. It has been fixed right? Well great.
Did you enjoy our really short article on “How to Fix Slow WiFi Internet Connection on Your Windows 10 Laptop”??? Well, we sure hope you really did. If you encountered any problems while using any of our listed steps above, then, you can easily reach us using the comment section provided below. If you were satisfied with our illustration then don’t go yet. Stick around to read more interesting stuff from us at FaqonTech.
Faqontech and its contents are protected by COPYRIGHT LAW (DMCA) with high-priority response rate. Reproduction without permission or due credit link back will cause your article(s) to be removed from search engines and disappearance of Ads on that page if monetized with Adsense.
We Also accept Sponsored post, → Contact Us Now!!
NOTE that Your Adverts can be placed here on Faqontech either Banner, Link or Text ADS We got you covered, We have different advert space waiting for you. Want to know more about our advert placement click HERE