How to Stop Someone From Adding You to A WhatsApp Group ??? Well, this was requested by one of our readers… To place a request for any topic, you can either join our Telegram group or Telegram channel or, you can contact any of our writers using the information panel at the end of this article.
WhatsApp groups are very interesting and informative integrations in the WhatsApp platform that users have grown to enjoy over the years… In order for make things simple for its users, WhatsApp earlier used to allow any of its users to add anyone to a WhatsApp group, as long as they had the other person’s contact information. This led to the massive issue of random people adding others to random WhatsApp groups. After a lot of user feedback and complaints, WhatsApp decided to fix the problem by giving some integrated privacy settings to deter users from randomly adding others to WhatsApp groups which can either be activated or left in default settings. Recently, WhatsApp rolled out these group privacy settings to everyone using the updated version of the WhatsApp application.
The new group privacy settings on WhatsApp are not only available for only Android users but are available for both Android and iPhone. Here’s how you can enable these newly rolled settings on your smartphone.
To begin the process, you should update and download your WhatsApp application version to the latest rolled out version using any of our links provided below for both Android and iPhone devices.
How to Stop Someone From Adding You to A WhatsApp Group (Android)
- Open your WhatsApp application on your Android smartphone and tap on the vertical three-dots icon on the top-right corner
- Tap on the Settings button then; the Account button and also the Privacy button
- Tap on the Groups button and select any one of the three given options; Everyone, My Contacts, or My Contacts Except…
- If you select the Everyone option, anyone can add you to groups.
- Selecting the My Contacts option only allows individuals on your contact list to add you to WhatsApp groups.
- While, the third option “My Contacts Except…” lets you allow only selected people to add you to WhatsApp groups. You can either select contacts one by one or you can choose to select all contacts by tapping on the “Select All” icon on the top-right corner of your screen.
How to Stop Someone From Adding You to A WhatsApp Group (iPhone)
- Open the WhatsApp application on your iPhone
- Tap Settings on the bottom bar
- Tap on Account > Privacy > Groups
- Select one of the three given options:
- My Contacts and;
- My Contacts Except…
Thanks for reading… We hope you really enjoyed our article on “How to Stop Someone From Adding You to A WhatsApp Group”. We hope you found it helpful. If any of the steps provided above seem confusing, don’t hesitate to drop your complaints in the comment section below… And, stay updated with us @ FaqonTech for more updates…
Faqontech and its contents are protected by COPYRIGHT LAW (DMCA) with high-priority response rate. Reproduction without permission or due credit link back will cause your article(s) to be removed from search engines and disappearance of Ads on that page if monetized with Adsense.
We Also accept Sponsored post, → Contact Us Now!!
NOTE that Your Adverts can be placed here on Faqontech either Banner, Link or Text ADS We got you covered, We have different advert space waiting for you. Want to know more about our advert placement click HERE