Hello world. Today I’ve compiled an article on “Opay: An easy guide to understanding what It’s all about”. Really insightful topic right? Well, I guess it is. And, I’m sure you’re going to find out all you need to know about Opay in this article and more.
Opay is a platform that became known after it’s bike hailing platform subsidiary was launched in June 2019 with an intriguing ₦100 promo. The platform has been operating since 2010 as a subsidiary of Paycom Nigeria limited but it wasn’t well known and widely used at that time. Now, let’s start at the basics with some little history.
What is Opay?
OPay is an ePayment wallet propelled by the Opera programming organization the designers of the mainstream Opera Mini usual internet browser. It is a smartphone friendly platform that permits its clients to pay for products and ventures electronically utilizing a smartphone by means of the OPay application.
Opay is a platform with a number of mini platforms like:
- ORide (a.k.a Opera Ride or OPay Ride)
- OFood (Opera Food or OPay Food)
- OBus (Opera Bus or OPay Bus)
- OTrike (Opera Trike or OPay Trike)
- OKash (Opera Kash or OPay Kash)
- OWealth (Opera Wealth or OPay Wealth)
These platforms have their own uses under the Opay platform and we’re going to be looking at them individually.
OPay is a cell provider that provides you with a lot of new features and options. This is the real reason why it’s now used extensively in Nigeria and a couple of different countries within Africa. With the application, you’ll be able to recharge your phone in a few minutes without stressing yourself to head out to buy airtime. You can just simply download the OPay App at the Google Play platform and start the use of it to recharge your phone.
Why Should I have the Opay platform?
I know you’re asking this question right now and I’m going to give you some reasons why you’re missing out on not having this platform in your domain. Well, here’s why:
- Hail a bike with ORide: With the OPay platform you can hail a bike from the comfort of your own home or wherever is convenient for you at any moment and pay instantly from your OPay account
- Easy payment with OPay QR: With OPay QR code scanning, you can now send and receive money by just scanning the OPay QR code, without cash
- Order food with OFood: You can order food from the most exquisite to your own local restaurants with the OPay app
- Subscribe to any Cable TV platform: You can now easily with OPay; pay for your MYTV, GOTV, DSTV and STARTIMES subscription without any additional fee. How cool is that right?
- Payment of Electricity bills: You can now easily with OPay; pay for your prepaid electricity and without any additional fees added too
- Mobile topup: Purchase airtime for family or friends from any network with the OPay application
- Receive Money with OPay QR: As an OPay user. This means that your unique code can be scanned to receive funds
- Bet app funding: You can now easily fund your Bet9ja, SupaBet, 1xBet and other betting wallets from your OPay app. And you even get a 10% discount on all wallet funding in weekends
- Buy Data plans: You can buy any data plan from any network provider like MTN, GLOBACOM, 9MOBILE, Etisalat and others with a discount on every transaction.
- Get Quick Loans: With the OKash service we mentioned earlier, you can get a quick short term loan
- OWealth Investment: OWealth offers 10% annual rate on your investment.
Where can I download the OPay application?
By now, you must be itching to download this amazing application. Well, we have good news. You can download the application via the Google Playstore and note that the application will only work on devices that are running Android 5.0 and above. The app is not yet supported on any iOS devices at all.
How can I add funds to my Opay wallet?
You can fund your Opay wallet in two ways, and the first is if you have a bank account and the other is if you don’t or you simply just to only fund with cash.
If you have a Bank Account…
To simply make a transfer from your bank account provided they are within the approved bank ranges which are:
- First Bank
- Access Bank
- Zenith Bank
- Stanbic IBTC
- Diamond Bank
- Wema Bank
- Sterling Bank
- Union Bank
- Heritage Bank
You should add the funds using the approved mobile banking app on your device to the phone number you used to signup for OPay removing the first zero as your account number and inputting Paycom as bank.
If you have a bank account, you can also add your ATM card to your OPay account. You just have to add the required credentials.
If you do not own a bank account…
To do this, you need to find an OPay agent near you, give them cash and ask them to help you fund your OPay account. Now, to find an OPay agent near you, just open the app and tap Nearby agents, you will get all agents near you with their address and even their phone numbers. Easy right?
How do I withdraw my OPay wallet funds?
To withdraw your cash from your OPay wallet you’ll need to find an OPay agent near you and request a withdrawal but note that this comes with a transaction fee. The agent will give you their OPay number, and you transfer the funds to them and they give you cash in return.
To withdraw to your bank account;
- Tap on the Transfer button
- In the: Send to options,
- Select Bank.
- Choose your, bank, account number, and amount you want to transfer and tap Done.
Can I become an OPay agent?
Yes. But, the following documentation will be required: passport sized photo, Utility Bill (Proof of Address), BVN (Bank Verification Number), and an ID card. To do this, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to become an OPay agent.
You can also learn more on becoming an OPay agent by reading this:
That was really easy wasn’t it??? And better yet you now have a lot of information regarding OPay. Did you enjoy your read on our article (OPay: An Easy Guide to Understanding What It’s All About)? Well, we certainly hope you did. If you didn’t you can drop your comments on how we can improve our services on FaqonTech below. If you missed any of the steps or, you’re having problems you can also drop it in our comment section below.
Faqontech and its contents are protected by COPYRIGHT LAW (DMCA) with high-priority response rate. Reproduction without permission or due credit link back will cause your article(s) to be removed from search engines and disappearance of Ads on that page if monetized with Adsense.
NOTE that Your Adverts can be placed here on Faqontech either Banner, Link or Text ADS We got you covered, We have different advert space waiting for you. Want to know more about our advert placement click HERE