Here’s how to back up contact from iPhone to Android easily.
Have you ever had to switch phones?
If you have, you know how annoying it can be to move your contacts from one phone to another, especially when you’re going from iPhone to Android or the other way around.
So, what’s the best way to move your contacts when you’re switching from an iPhone to an Android phone?
This guide will walk you through the process of backing up your contacts from your iPhone to your Android device, ensuring a smooth and stress-free transition.
Your contacts are a valuable digital asset, containing vital information about friends, family, colleagues, and professional connections.
Losing them during the migration process can be frustrating and inconvenient. Hence, a reliable backup is crucial to avoid any data loss and maintain a seamless communication network.
Let’s get started.
How to Back up Contact from iPhone to Android
We have various methods to back up contact from iPhone to Android;
1. Using Google Account for Contact Backup
Step 1: Sync Contacts with Google
- On your iPhone, go to ‘Settings.’
- Scroll down and select ‘Mail,’ then ‘Accounts.’
- Tap ‘Add Account’ and choose ‘Google.’
- Enter your Google account credentials or create a new account if you don’t have one.
- Turn on the ‘Contacts’ toggle to sync your contacts with your Google account.
Step 2: Sync Google Account with Android
- Set up your Android device and log in with the same Google account used on your iPhone.
- Go to ‘Settings.’
- Scroll down and select ‘Accounts.’
- Tap ‘Google.’
- Ensure that ‘Contacts’ is toggled on. If it’s off, turn it on.
Now your iPhone contacts will automatically sync with your Google account, ensuring they’re readily available on your Android device.
2. Using iCloud for Contact Backup
Step 1: Export Contacts to iCloud
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘iCloud.’
- Ensure that ‘Contacts’ is toggled on. If it’s not, turn it on.
Step 2: Backup Contacts
- Once your contacts are synced with iCloud, visit the iCloud website on your computer.
- Log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click on ‘Contacts.’
- Select all your contacts by pressing ‘Ctrl + A’ (Windows) or ‘Command + A’ (Mac).
- Click on the gear icon in the lower-left corner and choose ‘Export vCard.’
Step 3: Import Contacts to Android
- Transfer the downloaded vCard file to your Android device using a USB cable or any preferred method.
- On your Android device, open the ‘Contacts’ app.
- Tap the three vertical lines or ‘Menu’ icon.
- Select ‘Settings.’
- Choose ‘Import.’
- Locate and select the vCard file you transferred.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the import process.
That’s all, you have successfully backed up your contact from iPhone to Android.