Hey Guys! Today in this article, I’m going to be enlightening y’all on “How To Empty Trash On Android Devices” in just two simple steps. So, unlike your laptop or desktop computer’s recycle bin, your Android device doesn’t actually have a general recycle bin where every single thing you delete pops into. So, getting all your deleted photos, videos or documents is a little bit of a problem but I’m going to be helping you with that in this article.
Before we get on with the steps on How To Empty Trash On Android Devices, let’s look at where you can find the trash folder on your Android device. Why? It’s a popularly asked question and we’re called -FaqonTech you know? (FAQ for Frequently Asked Questions).
Where is the Trash Folder on my Android Device?
As I mentioned at the beginning of this article, there is no trash folder on your Android device, as there is on Windows. However, emptying the trash on your phone is not as straightforward as showing you how you can empty an android trash bin.
Deleted files are dealt with differently. This is primarily due to the fact that Android smartphones often have significantly less storage space when compared with a computer. However, some applications have a separate location for deleted files. If you have a deleted files folder and need to retrieve a file, it may still be on your Android device.
When you remove a file on any operating system, it is usually not erased instantly. It’s set to be overwritten by fresh files. If you haven’t added any documents to your OS after removing something, it can be recovered using file recovery tools like Disk Drill for macOS or EaseUS data recovery for Windows.
Now that we’ve addressed that, let’s check out the two steps I’ve highlighted on how you can empty the trash on your Android devices. Let’s go!
How To Empty Trash On Android Devices: Clear the Trash in Google Photos
- First, launch the Google Photos application on your Android phone to clean your deleted videos and photos
- Tap “Library” located at the bottom bar of the Photos application
- Tap “Trash” at the top of the “Library” screen.
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the “Trash” page.
- Select “Empty Trash” from the three-dot menu.
- To confirm your selection, select “Allow” from the prompt shown on your screen
Make sure you’re comfortable with permanently losing everything in your garbage. You can’t get them back after they’re gone.
How To Empty Trash On Android Devices: Empty Trash in the “Files By Google” Application
If you are using “Files by Google” as your file explorer and wish to empty the trash, open the “Files by Google” application on your Android phone first.
- When the application launches, click the “hamburger menu” in the top-left corner of the screen
- Select “Trash” from the option that appears
- Your deleted files will now be displayed on the “Trash” page. Select “All Items” to choose all of your files. Then, at the bottom, press the “Delete” button
- Choose “Delete” from the prompt that appears.
You will not be able to restore your files once they have been completely destroyed. Make sure you’re comfortable with that.
Did you enjoy the article (How To Empty Trash On Android Devices in Two (2) Simple Steps!)? Well, we hope you did. If you have any questions you’ll like to ask or if you missed any of the steps below and you need assistance, you can drop them in the comment section below.
If you also have any additions you think should be put in this article that could be helpful to others, make sure you alert us using the comment section below.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel or Join our Telegram Channel to stay updated with latest updates from us faster; Telegram Channel or Join our Telegram Group.