Ever wondered on how to save WhatsApp Status photos and videos? Well, we’re going to teach you today… I guess you’re here because you’ve seen an interesting video or a really nice picture you really need on another person’s WhatsApp status and you don’t wish to bother the other person to share it to you privately…
WhatsApp made the “Status” feature official way back in February and it was regarded as a “clone” of the popular Snapchat Stories by WhatsApp and Snapchat users and experts worldwide. The WhatsApp status tab let’s WhatsApp users share their pictures, videos, and GIFs which automatically disappear after being visible after twenty four (24) hours.
Well, to easily save these disappearing pictures, videos and GIFs you should see our easy-to-read steps listed below…
How to save WhatsApp Status Pictures And Videos
Method 1 (The File Manager approach):
This method is far by the easiest approach you can take while saving another person’s WhatsApp status to your own smartphone permanently without ever losing it except you choose to delete it. WhatsApp automatically saves all viewed status files (pictures,videos and GIFs) locally on the phone. But these saved files are automatically erased after twenty four (24) hours. So, what you can do is to copy them out of the WhatsApp temporary folder and save them to a permanent one.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Firstly, you should open the File Manager on your Smartphone. Then;
- Move to the WhatsApp folder
- Click on the Media sub-folder
- Click on the .Statuses sub-folder
- By now, you should see all your viewed status for that day
- Copy the photos,videos or GIFs which you want to save permanently
- Paste them into a different folder of your choice.
That’s all!!! Wasn’t it easy? All the copied photos, videos or GIFs will now be stored forever. You can now access them by opening the folder where it was copied to.
Method 2 (Using Status saver):
This status saver will automatically collect all your WhatsApp status for a day and collate them in a very organized manner. This third party app is very easy-to-use and is very effective in saving another person’s WhatsApp status to your phone.
Wanna know how to use it??? Well, see How below:
- Open the Google Playstore application on your smartphone
- Download the Status saver application here;
- Install the application
Allow the Status Saver application to access the pictures, media and files on your device. Because that is how the app will read your storage to collect all your WhatsApp Status images.
- Click on the pictures, GIFs or videos which you want to save via the Status Saver application and tap on the Save icon ().
- Pictures or videos which you save will be stored permanently into the internal storage of your phone.
All the saved statuses will be accessible from within the Status Saver app but, If you wish to access the folder directly, you can;
- Open your File Manager app
- Browse to Internal storage and click on Status Saver.
That’s all… You have successfully saved another person’s WhatsApp status to your phone without stress.
If you have followed our above steps carefully… You’ll have surely been able to complete your aim with little or no stress. We hope you enjoyed your reading on how to save WhatsApp Status Pictures And Videos … Did you? If you didn’t.. well, you can drop your suggestions in the comment section below on how we can improve our services… And, if you enjoyed it you should check for more interesting content on our website…
Don’t forget to share our content on social media if it was helpful to you.