Normally, you can just use Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software to extract text from an image. However, with Google Chrome 76, you can use an experimental feature to easily scrape text from images without any additional software like CamScanner on Android or others…
To use this feature, you need to enable an experimental flag in Chrome. When you enable anything from chrome://flags, you use some unfinished features that haven’t been tested on all devices and could misbehave.
Note: – You will and may probably potentially run into a few bugs, so be careful when you play around with some of the other available flags.
In this article, we will be using a Windows 8.1 PC, but everything should work almost the same way on all other platforms like Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS and Android.
To get started;
- Open up your Chrome browser
- Type chrome://flags into the search box and press Enter on your keyboard
- Type “Experimental web platform Features” in the search bar provided
You can also skip all the above steps and simply paste this in the search bar provided;
And then press Enter to go directly to the flag.
- Click the drop-down box next to the “Experimental Web Platform Features” flag
- Click on the “Enabled” option.
- For the changes to take effect, you are going to have to restart your Chrome/Chromium browser.
- Click on the blue “Relaunch now” button that appeared at the bottom of the page.
After your Chrome/Chromium browser relaunches sucessfully, head to https://copy-image-text.glitch.me/ to upload the image with the text you wish to extract.
- Click on the “Choose File” option
- Select your preferred image file from your computer and click “Open.”
Although for now you are currently uploading an image to the site, but, you can use this tool offline as well. As soon as you navigate to the site once, all the resources are saved in the cache.
- After the file uploads, click on “Submit.”
The page should by now have reloaded with the extracted text from the image you chose. You can now copy the text from the loaded webpage and paste wherever you may need it.
Did you enjoy your short read on our article (How to Scrape Text from an Image in Chrome) ??? Well, we certainly hope you did. If you didn’t you can drop your comments on how we can improve our services on FaqonTech below. If you missed any of the steps or, you’re still having problems you can drop it in our comment section below.
Faqontech and its contents are protected by COPYRIGHT LAW (DMCA) with high-priority response rate. Reproduction without permission or due credit link back will cause your article(s) to be removed from search engines and disappearance of Ads on that page if monetized with Adsense.
We Also accept Sponsored post, → Contact Us Now!!
NOTE that Your Adverts can be placed here on Faqontech either Banner, Link or Text ADS We got you covered, We have different advert space waiting for you. Want to know more about our advert placement click HERE