How To Buy Data on MTN Without having Airtime? This is clickbait, right? It’s not possible! These have to be the thoughts that have been running through your mind ever since you’ve stumbled upon this article either by our notifications or if you’ve come across this website looking for a tweak to get free MTN data or something else…
Well, I can assure you that this is not clickbait at all, and there’s a way you can buy data on MTN without having airtime on your MTN sim at all… And, contrary to what you might be thinking, you don’t have to download apps like Stark VPN or other third-party apps that siphon data from network providers through one tweak or another.
The method I’ll be teaching you is very easy to do, and you should have your data on your MTN sim just by dialing a few codes. But, before you’ll be able to get our free data on your MTN sim without having any airtime at all, there are a few things you’ll need to have.
What Do You Need?
For you to be able to get free data on your MTN Sim card without having any airtime at all, there are a few things you’ll need to have first, as I mentioned above. They are:
- You need to have been on the MTN Pulse Tariff plan for some months
- You need an active MTN Sim card where you have purchased lots of airtime for some months and you’ve also used it to make a lot of calls.
I’ll be elaborating on these factors now.
The reason you need to have your MTN sim card on the MTN Pulse plan for some months is that you have accumulated lots of pulse points. Pulse points are points that are given to you by MTN when you do things like make long calls, buy lots of data, purchase airtime, and basically, it’s just MTN rewarding you for doing activity on your MTN Sim Card.
Now, these points can act exactly like normal MTN airtime on your sim card. One (1) MTN Pulse point is equivalent to One (1) Naira. This means that if you’ve been on the MTN Pulse tariff plan for months and you’ve accumulated up to 1000 MTN Pulse points, then you can use these pulse points to buy data worth 1000 Naira just by using pulse points. I hope you understand!
Now, before I show you how you can use your MTN pulse points to buy data on MTN without having airtime on your MTN line, let me show you how you can migrate to the MTN Pulse tariff plan if you’re not already on the plan.
To do this:
- Go to your dialer and type *123#
- Tap on option 2, which says “Tariff Plans.”
- Now, tap on option 2 again, which says “Pulse.”
- Tap on option 1, which says, “Migrate to MTN Pulse.”
- Complete the steps, and you should be shown a congratulatory message that you’re now on the MTN Pulse Tariff plan. This should not cost you anything at all.
Now, let’s check out the complete steps on how to buy data on MTN without having airtime on your MTN Sim.
How To Buy Data on MTN Without Having Airtime – The Steps!
In this example, we’ll be assuming that you have 1000 Pulse points on your MTN Sim card. To check how many pulse points you actually have on your MTN Sim card, use these steps below:
- Go to your dialer and type *406#
- Tap on option 7 that says Pulse Points
- Tap on option 4 to see how many pulse points you have.
Now, let us get on with the example.
To buy data worth 1000 Naira with your 1000 Pulse points, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Mobile phone’s dialer and type in *131#
- Select option one (1) that says “Data Plans.”
- Tap on option three (3) that says “Monthly Plans.”
- Select option one (1) that says “N1000 for 1.5GB.”
- Select option two (2) that says “One-off.”
- Tap on option two (2) that says “Pulse points.”
- Now, you should receive an SMS that says you’ve purchased 1.5GB for 1000 Naira successfully. If you check your airtime balance, you will see that nothing has been taken, and you’ve gotten the data for FREE!