Hello Comrades! In this article, I’ll be explaining to y’all how to create an Amazon KDP account in Nigeria. I’ll also be highlighting what Amazon KDP is all about, why you may need to create an account, how to make money with your Amazon KDP account, and lots more.
You’re probably here because you know absolutely nothing about Amazon KDP, but you’ve been seeing it everywhere on social media. You’re also probably here because you’ve been referred by someone to join Amazon KDP and start making money, but you want to know more about it.
That’s a very wise choice, and you’re in the right place. This article will be the most detailed article you’ll read on how to create an Amazon KDP account in Nigeria. It’s also one that will be very easy to read and understand because I won’t be using any confusing words, and it’ll be very informative.
Before I get on with teaching you how to create an Amazon KDP account in Nigeria, let us take a look at what Amazon KDP is.
What is Amazon KDP?
Amazon KDP is the shortened form for “Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.” Amazon’s KDP is a personal publishing platform that enables writers to sell their books to Amazon’s large audience without having to go through a publishing company.
Authors may use Amazon KDP to produce ebooks & paperback books with no upfront charges or inventory orders. Furthermore, unlike traditional book publishers, KDP grants writers complete ownership of their publications.
If you’re an author of any type, Amazon KDP is a fantastic method to have your works published and available for purchase – for free! You will also not be charged by Amazon unless you make a sale on your book.
What Can You Publish on Amazon KDP/
On the Amazon KDP help page, here is some of the content that you can publish on Amazon KDP.
- Book Series
- Children’s Books
Amazon KDP does not allow the publication of magazines, calendars, periodicals, and spiral-bound books.
Why Should I use Amazon KDP?
There are a lot of benefits to choosing to use Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, apart from the fact that it has given writers a very easy platform to get their work out there to reach a very wide audience without having to go through a publishing company.
- Reach: Using Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing is one of the fastest ways you can get your books to many people worldwide. Without any promotions or very few promotional tactics, your book will get a lot of views which have the capacity to turn into potential buyers when you choose Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.
- High Royalties: You get royalties on your book when you publish it using a publishing company, but oftentimes, the rates you get from these publishing companies are very little. Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing will trump this by giving you the best royalty rates you can get on your books.
- Author Rights: When you publish your book via Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, Amazon does not claim any ownership of your book. You still get to retain all the rights for your book.
- Fast Publishing Time: When you opt to publish your book via publishing companies, it takes a lot of time to submit the book and get it out there for people to actually purchase it. But, with Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, your books will get published very quickly.
- No Printed Copies?: Traditionally, for you to get a printed copy of a book, you’ll have to drop an upfront payment for it. But with Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, they’ve introduced a print-on-demand technology that allows your book to get printed during purchase.
How Much Does it Cost to Publish a Book Via Amazon KDP?
Publishing your book via Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing costs you nothing at all. It’s completely free for you to publish your book using the platform. But, if you’re selling paperback books via the platform, the cost of printing your books will be deducted from your royalties.
When does Amazon KDP Pay?
Amazon KDP will pay you royalties every month, roughly Sixty (60) days just after the end of every month in which you earned them.
However, there is a catch: your payment must achieve a minimum level before it is paid out. You have the choice of receiving your payment through direct deposit, wire transfer, or cheque.
How To Create an Amazon KDP Account in Nigeria
To create an Amazon KDP Account in Nigeria;
- Open your Browser on your Smartphone or Laptop
- Go to the Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing Website
- Click on “Sign Up” to create an account
- Now, at the bottom of the screen, click on ”Create your KDP Account.”
- Now, you’ll be asked to fill out a form containing your first and last name, Email address, and secure password.
- You will probably be asked to solve a puzzle to confirm that you’re human and not a robot.
- After confirming that you’re a human, an OTP code will be sent to the Email address you specified above to confirm that the Email address you provided is authentic. Head to your mailbox, copy the code and input it into the boxes provided, then click on “Verify.”
- You’ll now be asked to add a Phone Number to your account. Fill in your Phone Number and then click on ”Add Mobile Number” to complete this process.
- An OTP will now be sent to the mobile number you provided. Head on to your messages, copy the code and input it into the boxes provided, then click on ”Create Your Amazon Account.”
- Lastly, you’ll be asked to accept the terms and conditions for using Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing. After reading through, click on “Agree” to complete the process.
Congratulations! You have now successfully created an Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing account in Nigeria!
But, you’ll get a message saying, “Your Account Information is Incomplete.” This means that before you can start publishing books on the platform, you have to complete your information by providing some necessary documents for verification.
To start the process of completing your account information; follow the steps below:
How To Create an Amazon KDP Account in Nigeria: Completing Account Information
- Click on “Update Now” underneath the message that says “Your Account Information is Incomplete.”
- You will be brought to a new page. On this page, make sure you fill in all the information you’re asked for very correctly to avoid your account getting banned.
- At a point, you will be asked to select your bank. Here, you will need to have a USA Bank account to continue the process because Amazon KDP cannot pay Nigerians directly to Nigerian bank accounts.
To create a USA Bank account, I have found a video on YouTube that might be helpful for you. Here’s the video below:
4. If the video above doesn’t work for you, then you can create a Payoneer account and use that to get a USA Bank account instead. I’ll write another article on creating a Payoneer account in Nigeria. You can check that out to learn how to create one.
5. After successfully adding a USA bank account, click on “Complete Tax Information.” and then click on “Save and Continue.”
6. Fill in all your tax information as it pertains to you, and then click on “Continue.”
7. Lastly, you will have to accept a consent form, fill in your signature and then add the date you’re creating your account. Then, you click on “Save and Preview” to complete the process.
After submitting the form, you will get a message congratulating you on successfully filling in all your tax information. You can now start publishing books via your Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing account in Nigeria.
Conclusion on How To Create an Amazon KDP Account in Nigeria!
Did you enjoy the article (How To Create an Amazon KDP Account in Nigeria)? Well, I hope you did. If you have any questions, you’ll like to ask regarding Android 13. You can drop them in the comment section below.
If you also have any additions you think should be put in this article that could be helpful to others or if any corrections need to be made, please make sure you alert me using the comment section below.