How to Delete Apps on your Android TV Just like your Android smartphone, you can download apps on your Android TV from the Play Store. However, as you explore the extensive library of apps, you may find yourself in need of some spring cleaning.
If you’re running out of space on your Android TV and want to delete some apps to make room for new ones, this guide will walk you through the process. By following these steps, you can ensure that your home screen is more organized and clutter-free.
Why Delete Apps on Your Android TV?
Deleting apps from your Android TV can serve several purposes: it can free up valuable storage space, speed up your device’s performance, and make your home screen look more organized.
Whether you’re looking to remove apps that you no longer use or just want to tidy up your home screen, following the steps to delete apps on your Android TV is a straightforward process.
Delete Apps on your Android TV
- Power on your Smart TV and head over to the home screen
- On the home screen select the Settings app (Gear icon). Alternatively, press the settings button on your TV remote.
- Select the Apps option from the settings menu.
- You will be able to see all the apps that are available on your Android TV- Both System and installed apps.
- Select the app that you would like to delete and then choose Uninstall.
- On the next menu, you will be prompted to confirm the deletion act, press OK to continue uninstalling the app and that will be done.
Conclusion on How to Delete Apps on your Android TV
The method listed above works perfectly for all Android TVs, regardless of the brand. Whether you have a Samsung, LG, TCL, Hisense, or any other Android TV, you can use these steps to delete apps and free up valuable storage space on your device.
By following these instructions, you can keep your Android TV running smoothly and ensure that you have plenty of room for all of your favorite apps.