Learn how to get a Ghanaian international passport online without having to go through stress at the Ghana passport office near you. After reading this article, you should be able to apply for a Ghana passport online without anyone’s help.
Ghanaians who have been given citizenship in conformity with Ghanaian nationality legislation are the only ones to receive Ghanaian passports, which are only issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration.
Here, I will show you how to apply for Ghanaian International Passport and also explain a few things about the ghana passport.
It is advisable you get a Ghanaian international passport if you wish to travel aboard for business, fun, or for study.
Do you also know that the Ghanaian international passport allows you to travel to some countries without a Visa?
Requirements for Ghanaian International Passport
- Birth Certificate (this is your proof of Ghanaian citizenship).
- Other documents to show your identity: Driver’s License, National ID card, etc.
- If you are working, provide your proof of profession (a letter from your employer or a work ID card with your name, the organization’s name, and your position.)
- If you are a student, provide your student ID.
- If you work for yourself you should show your business registration certificate.
- If you are not working or working in the informal sector (mechanics, hairdressers, seamstresses, traders etc.) you do not need proof.
How Much does it Cost to Get a Ghanaian International Passport?
We have two types of passports in Ghana, which are; Expedited and standard which have two different page types.
- Expedited Application 48 Pages – GHS 200
- Expedited Application 32 Pages – GHS 150
- Standard Application 48 Pages – GHS 150
- Standard Application 32 Pages – GHS 100
Ghana Passport online: How to Get a Ghanaian International Passport Online
- Visit the website Ghana.gov.gh.
- Click “Passport Office” now.
- Select “Apply”
- Select “OK”
- Now click “Sign Up” and complete the required fields.
- Once the details are complete, click “Continue.”
- When registering, a One-Time Password (OTP) was given to the phone number provided.
- Click “Continue” after entering the OTP.
- Select “Apply”
- Look for the Passport Agency.
- Select “Apply”
- To allow the application to share your information with the passport application portal, click “Authorize.”
- You will now be taken to the passport application platform, as displayed below, where you can either make a payment or confirm your voucher.
Remember to always take screenshots of important sections to be on the safe side while applying to get a Ghanaian international passport online.
List of Ghana Application Offices Near you
|1||Accra PAC||Kinbu Road (Old Foreign Affairs)|
|2||Kumasi PAC||Guggisberg Road, Opposite PWD, Adum, Ministries|
|3||Takoradi PAC||Ghana Immigration Head Quarters (Within the Regional Administration)|
|4||Sunyani PAC||Adjacent to Jubilee (shares a wall with the Park)|
|5||Ho PAC||Regional Administration (Shares building with Immigration)|
|6||Tamale PAC||Police Park (Old Library)|
|8||Premium PAC – Accra||Accra Digital Center, Adjacent State Housing Company, Ring Road West, Accra|
|9||Tema PAC||Former IRS Office, Community 4, Tema|
|10||Koforidua PAC||PWD Office, SSNIT Office Area, Koforidua.|
|11||Premuim PAC – Kumasi||2nd Floor, Thankful Heights Building, Adum, Kumasi|
|12||Premium PAC – Tamale||2nd Floor, Pension Tower, Tamale|
|13||Cape Coast PAC||Opposite Ford Station|
|14||Wa PAC||Block C, Regional Coordination Council, Wa|
If you encounter any issues, kindly leave a comment below, and also don’t forget to share this article with others.