Holla guys… Today we’ll be seeing the topic “How to Show Hidden Files On Android“…..
Well, this topic was requested by one of our viewers and I decided to take it up. If you want to request for a topic then, you can easily send us a message on Telegram via this number; +2348164321612 or, you can also join our Telegram group here, and request.
You must have heard that there are some hidden Android files like in the case of a PC where your Kernel files are kept hidden so that users can’t tamper with them. Some of these files can be tweaked for your own personal uses and can also be used for important stuff. Like the way the “Developer Options” settings is hidden on all Android phones but it contains a lot of important stuff you can easily use like;
- Enabling USB Debugging
- Showing Screen Pointer options
- Limiting Background Processes – This is very good in conserving Android users battery especially those with very low battery capacity or those with high power usage
- Enabling Screen Overlay
- Enabling Bluetooth HCI packets
- Checking your Android device stats and a lot more important options.
To enable Developer options on your Android device, follow the steps below;
- Click the Settings icon on your Android device
- Scroll down to the About Phone option and click on it
- Click on the Build Number option Seven (7) or more times
A popup message telling you that “You Are Now A Developer” should appear on your Android screen for about three (3) seconds.
You can check your settings now. You’ll see that the “Developer Options” setting has just been added to the Settings menu.
Now, let’s get on with the main topic “How to Show Hidden Files On Android” shall we???
How to Show Hidden Files On Android
Method 1 (Default Method)
- Click on the File Manager icon on your Android device
- Click on the Three dots on the top right hand corner of the screen (For more recent Android versions)
- Click on the Advanced settings or ordinary Settings option depending on your device
- Toggle the Show hidden files option ON.
By now, You should be able to easily access any files that you’d previously set as hidden on your device.
How To Show Hidden Files on Android
The first method listed above might not work for some older Android versions like the Android 4 and below. So, to show hidden files and folders on much older versions of Android you can use this other method.
This method revolves around downloading some specific Android applications from the Google Playstore or elsewhere to get the job done. These applications will allow you to easily be able to show hidden files and folders on your Android device with ease.
- Download the File Manager application from the Google Playstore here;
- Install the File Manager application on your Android device
- Open the File Manager Application on your Android device
- Allow all permissions required by the File Manager application
- Click on the Three dots on the top right hand corner of your Android device screen
- Click on the Settings option
- Scroll down and click on the Folder option
- Toggle the Show hidden files option ON
- You can explore all your normal Android files and folders via the application by default and to see your hidden files just head over to Internal storage on the home screen of the application and view them.
That’s all…. Piece of cake right???
Did you enjoy your short read on our article (How to Show Hidden Files On Android) ??? Well, we certainly hope you did. If you didn’t you can drop your comments on how we can improve our services on FaqonTech below. If you did not get any of the methods listed above or, you’re still having problems showing hidden files and folders on your Android device, you can drop it in our comment section below.