Hello Comrades! In this article, I’ll explain to y’all “How To Download WhatsApp Status on Android and iPhones.” There are numerous reasons why you would want to learn how to save/download a status update you see on WhatsApp to your phone.
For one, you would want to avoid the stress of having to text whoever posted the status update personally to send you whatever they posted privately.
I mean, it’s probably someone you don’t even talk to a lot or someone you might have issues with, and they post one of those glorious memes that you just need to have on your phone. You’ll want to find a way to save it to your device, won’t you?
By the end of this article, you shold’ve successfully learned various methods with which you can download/save anyone’s WhatsApp status on your Android or iPhone.
How To Download WhatsApp Status on Android: Using the File Manager
On your Android devices, there is a hidden folder in your file manager where every status update you’ve viewed is stored temporarily for a while before it’s deleted and replaced with newer status updates you view. In this folder, you can effortlessly search for the exact picture or video you wish to save and then move that into your regular photos or video folder on your device. To do this;
- Download File Manager + via the Google Playstore
- After installing the application, open it and allow all permissions needed by the application.
- Click on “Main Storage” if your WhatsApp backups and folders are saved directly on your device. But, if you use an SD Card to store your WhatApp backups and folders, click on “External or SD Card”
- Now, click on the icon beside the three-dots icon on the top-right corner of your screen. The icon should look like two rectangles stacked on one another.
- Once you’ve clicked on that, tick the box that says “Show hidden files” and also tick the box that says “Apply to all folders” at the top of the menu, then exit.
- Now, scroll down until you get to the WhatsApp folder and open it
- Inside the WhatsApp folder, click on “Media” and then click on “.statuses”
- Here, you can view every status update you have checked within the last two days.
- To save this directly to your device, hold down on the picture or the video and then copy or move it into the normal movies or photos folder on your device.
How To Download WhatsApp Status on Android: Using Status Saver
Another method to save status updates on your WhatsApp will be downloading an external application to get those status updates for you and then saving them directly to your device. To do this:
- Download the WA Status Saver application on your Android device
- Click on “Live stories” after giving the WA Status Saver application all the needed permissions needed to work smoothly
- Select the Photos or Videos you would like to download
- Click on the “Download” button to save the selected Photos and Videos to your device.
How To Download WhatsApp Status on iPhone: Using BuildStore
To download/save WhatsApp status updates to your iPhone, you only need the BuildStore application from the Apple AppStore. To use this:
- Uninstall the original WhatsApp application you have installed on your iPhone
- Register your iPhone with BuildStore
- Install the WhatsApp++ application
- Register your WhatsApp++ using your phone number
- Open the application and move to the status updates section
- On the top-right corner of any status update you click on, you will see an icon to download the video or picture directly to your iPhone.
Did you enjoy the article (How To Download WhatsApp Status on Android and iPhone)? Well, we hope you did. If you have questions, you’ll like to ask, or if you missed any of the steps below and need assistance, you can drop them in the comment section below.
If you also have any additions you think should be put in this article that could be helpful to others, make sure you alert us using the comment section below.