Hello World! In this article, I’ll be explaining different ways on How To Use WhatsApp without a Phone Number. There are tons of reasons why you may need to register a WhatsApp account without using your personal phone number. It could be because of security issues, or you just don’t trust WhatsApp with the permissions to be able to access every single one of your contacts.
You could also need this if you need to create another WhatsApp account for your business and you’ve used your personal phone number to create a personal account already. Well, in this article, I’ll be highlighting some methods you can use to register a WhatsApp account without having to use your personal phone number.
Adding a phone number while creating a WhatsApp account is essential. It’s just like it is necessary to have a unique username on Twitter or Instagram. Without it, you cannot create a WhatsApp account. There’s literally no tweak on the Internet that can bypass the part where you’ll have to input a phone number to create a WhatsApp account.
But, there are other alternatives to getting another phone number that’s not your personal phone number that you can use to create your WhatsApp account, and I’ll be explaining how you can do them.
Since you’ll need another phone number that’s not your personal phone number to create your WhatsApp account, the best way to do this will be to get an alternative/temporary phone number. So, without stalling much longer, let’s take a look at different ways you can achieve this.
1. Using a Google Voice Number
Google voice is a virtual telephone service that was launched by Google in March 2009. The aim of launching this service was to provide individuals and businesses with a virtual second phone number that has all the features of your regular SIM Card, and this could be used to open business and extra individual accounts on all social platforms, make voice calls and receive SMS.
So, since this works exactly how you would expect your personal phone number to work, you can use this to create a WhatsApp account. To do this:
- Download Google Voice on your Android or iPhone. You can also just register an account via the website
- Launch the application on your Android or iPhone. Or, just open the Google Voice website in your browser.
- For smartphone devices, tap on the three horizontal lines on the top-left corner of your screen and then click on “Settings.” For those using a browser, choose if you want to use your number for personal use or for a business on the home screen of the website
- It is still advisable for those using browser to click “iPhone” or “Android” now to download the Google Voice application on their smartphone devices to continue the process.
- Now, once in the settings option of the app, click on the first option, which is “Google Voice Number”
- In the next screen, click on “Search” and then input any location in the search bar provided
- A lot of numbers will now be listed for you to choose from, tap on any one of those numbers by hitting “Select”
- Now, give the Google Voice application access to all permissions needed for the service to work smoothly. Enter your phone number and then click on “Send code” for verification processes
- Tap on “Claim” and then “Finish.” You will receive a message saying that your number has been successfully linked to ring when someone calls your Google Voice number. This means that you have claimed the number successfully, and it’s now ready for use.
Now, you can use this Google Voice number to register a WhatsApp account the same way you would with your personal phone number.
2. Using a Landline
The second method I’ll be explaining in this article (How To Use WhatsApp Without a Phone Number) will be using a Landline. To do this:
- Open the WhatsApp application on your Android device, iPhone, or Tablet
- Click on “Agree and Continue”
- Now, you’ll be prompted to enter a phone number. Input your landline phone number in the spaces provided
- Wait for the verification by SMS option to fail, and then once the call verification option is available, click on “Call me” to get your verification code via a call to your landline.
- Now, enter the six-digit verification code you received on the call into the spaces provided
- And after that, you can input your name and set up a profile picture for your account, and, Voila!
3. Using a Dingtone Phone Number
Dingtone is a service that gives out “Second Phone Numbers.” You can use these numbers to create an account on any social media platform similar to using a Google Voice number. The difference being that, this is easier to get compared with a Google Voice Number.
I wanted to write out the steps for this process, but firstly I decided to check out some YouTube videos to see the best way to explain the steps. But, after perusing through a lot of videos, I came across a video that explained how you can create a free virtual phone number for WhatsApp using Dingtone in the easiest way possible. So, I’ve decided to just embed that YouTube video here instead of writing out the steps. Check out the video below:
Conclusion on How To Use WhatsApp Without a Phone Number
Did you enjoy the article (How To Use WhatsApp Without a Phone Number)? Well, we hope you did. If you have questions, you’ll like to ask, or if you missed any of the steps below and need assistance, you can drop them in the comment section below.
If you also have any additions you think should be put in this article that could be helpful to others, make sure you alert us using the comment section below.
Extra Tags: How To Use WhatsApp Without a Phone Number || How To Use WhatsApp Without a Phone Number in 2022 || How To Use WhatsApp Without Phone Number || Use WhatsApp Without Having a Phone Number || How To Use WhatsApp Without a Phone Number in Ghana || How To Use WhatsApp Without a Phone Number in the United States || How To Use WhatsApp Without a Phone Number in Nigeria
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel or Join our Telegram Channel to stay updated with latest updates from us faster; Telegram Channel or Join our Telegram Group.